Search This Blog

Saturday 29 April 2023

The Saturday Shuffle 2

 


Another three random shuffles from my gym MP3 player for you today.

First up are Altered Images with Another Lost Look. I'm not altogether sure where this one came from.  The internet tells me that it was the b-side to a 1983 single Love to Stay from their Bite album which only reached no 46 in the UK singles chart. This suggests that it possibly came my way via a post from JC as part of his series on their singles.

I do know where Up Here comes from. It is the final track from Scarlet an album by The Motorcycle Boy which I spent some of my 2020 Christmas money on.

Today's final offering is another final track in the shape of Numbskull by Ash. It originally appeared on Nu-Clear Sounds as track 6 in 1998 but was subsequently the final track on the 2000 singles compilation Intergalactic Sonic 7's. I have both albums on CD but it is the singles album which has made it onto the mp3 player,

It is probably the most gymy (if there is such a word) of the three. 

Another random shuffle next Saturday

Altered Images - Another Lost Look

The Motorcycle Boy - Up Here

Ash - Numbskull

6 comments:

  1. Still no 'Seaside Shuffle' then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saving me the bother of joining a gym, CC. I’ll just put these on a loop 3 or 4 times & that’ll be my 30 minute work out sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember exactly 2 songs by Altered Images, although I had their first album and saw them live in NYC. This one isn't one of the two. But the haircuts really take me back to the day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Gymy. I think he was in Dumpy's Rusty Nuts.

    ReplyDelete