Search This Blog

Saturday 8 April 2023

Broughty Ferry and Detroit

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #43 Whiteout - Detroit (CD Single)

Broughty Ferry has about half a dozen charity shops. I visited them twice during my recent visit once with George in tow and the other time as a solo mission.Much to my disappointment I only came away with one purchase. However this meant that Broughty Ferry became my third new town this year for CD  purchases after Bridge of Allan and Linlithgow.

The purchase in question was Detroit a CD single from 1994 on the Silvertone label from Greenock band Whiteout. This was somewhat cruelly described by SWC as  the very epitome of landfill Indie..I obviously decided to take issue with that here

While I am willing to concede that it is not that good they are a band that I have had a soft spot for ever since I heard the brilliant Jackie's Racing which I got as a 12 inch single and then subsequently  I picked up the CD single Starrclub and the album Bite It.

Therefore I was never not going to pick it up and I'm glad I did.

Whiteout - Detroit

Whiteout - Just Passin' Through, Kid

Whiteout - Dee Troyt


4 comments:

  1. Did you miss that Alexander Brothers album?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you sneakily beat me to it.

      Delete
    2. .....and I'm Not Happy that you are bracketing the Ferry with Detroit

      Delete
    3. Awaits a comment from Detroit

      Delete