Search This Blog

Saturday 22 April 2023

The Saturday Shuffle

 


As I am devoid of inspiration and even less folk tune in here on a Saturday than the usual paltry numbers I thought it was time for a new series. And a pretty lazy one it is too.

I have a small MP3 Player which I use at the gym. Yes, I refuse to take my phone and I get somewhat irate about folk sitting on the  machines playing with their phones when you are hoping to get on.

The initial idea was that the music I put on it should be bouncy to get me in the groove. It is not always the case but the three here hit the spot. The idea is that  I do a random shuffle and share the first three songs that come up with you.

First up are Talking Heads with the great Born Under Punches ( The Heat Goes On) the opening track from 1980's (gosh) Remain in Light. Now that is good gym music.

I didn't know much about the next random selection Danse a La Musique by The French Fries. The internet tells me that this was originally released in 1968 on the Epic label. Thankfully Julian Cope steps up to the plate with the news that they were a pseudonym for Sly and the Family Stone. Great music and a fascinating read.

Finally for this week we have Stormy Gayle with Flipsville from the excellent 2011 compilation Keb Darge & Little Edith's Legendary Wild Rockers.

More next Saturday although I suspect that it may well be downhill from here on in.

Talking Heads - Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)

The French Fries -Danse a la Musique

Stormy Gayle -Flipsville

8 comments:

  1. Good stuff but slightly disappointed at the same time. I had assumed from the title we were getting the timeless classic "Seaside Shuffle" by Terry Dactyl & The Dinosaurs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I detect a note of despondency. Keep going with the blog, you have your fans to think of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I love a shuffle. Great selection of songs this morning. That French Fries track was unexpectedly good. Swc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just mighty impressed that you go to the gym, CC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and that French Fries track is a corker

      Delete
  5. Didn’t see you as a gym bunny CC but respect. Mr WIAA also comes back frustrated re the people who hog the equipment whilst playing in their phones. You don’t know until you hear it what works ans gym music and what doesn’t. Glad you’ve found some gooduns.

    I have a player in the living room and my aerobic exercise is to dance to 6 songs, which equates to around 20 minutes. Luckily the window faces out to the back garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably remain anonymous but that was me, Alyson.

      Delete
  6. Gym??? What is this scurrilous blasphemy! Actually good on you. In 20 years of swimming 5 days a week I've only stepped into the gym upstairs once! Us old fellas gotta look after ourselves.

    ReplyDelete