Search This Blog

Sunday 9 April 2023

Dolly Bluegrass

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #44 -Dolly Parton - The Bluegrass Collection

I found me asking myself "do we really need another Dolly Parton compilation?"

I very quickly caught myself on and responded to myself in the affirmative. Of course we do was the obvious and totally predictable answer for a number of reasons.

Firstly, the obvious one  - it's Dolly

Secondly - the equally obvious one - it's Bluegrass with banjos involved.

Thirdly - it was my first ever purchase from the Community Shop in the small Galloway village of Port William. Not to be confused with Fort William as one poor chap found out when he took a taxi from Glasgow and ended up looking at Ben Nevis.

Fourthly -it was cheap and I was happy to put some money into their coffers.

So there you go justification as if justification was required.

Dolly Parton - My Tennessee Mountain Home

Dolly Parton - Mule Skinner Blues

Dolly Parton - In The Ghetto

2 comments:

  1. I like Dolly's taken om 'In The Ghetto' but I think it is stretching the definition a lot to call it bluegrass. Unless the tambourine is a traditional bluegrass instrument.

    ReplyDelete