Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 April 2023

Out of the Blue

 


That's the charity shop purchases exhausted for the time being so today you are getting something that was actually bought in an actual record shop.

We were in town last week and I took the opportunity to pop into Missing Records.I only had a short window as I was meeting up with Mrs CC prior to getting the bus home.Therefore, I didn't have the time, or if I'm honest the inclination, to trawl through the 3 for £5 or the 4 for £10 selections. Rather I had a quick look at the just in section and came away with two for a tenner.

One was Out of the Blue a compilation of  songs by the Flying Burrito Brothers from 1996 and on the A&M label. A double CD with 42 songs for 4 quid which is pretty good value albeit much of the second CD is post Gram Parsons with a number of live songs and outtakes.

I only previously had the classic The Guilded Palace of Sin album so this acquisition virtually quadrupled the songs I have by them overnight.

Apologies for those of you hoping for Sin City, Hot Burrito No.1, Juanita or Dark End of the Street. These have all appeared here before so here are two more from that album followed by a cover of Merle Haggard's Sing Me Back Home

Flying Burrito Brothers -Do You Know How It Feels

Flying Burrito Brothers -Wheels

Flying Burrito Brothers -Sing Me Back Home

1 comment: