Search This Blog

Sunday 2 April 2023

The Debra Haul 2 - Street-Legal

 



2023 Charity Shop Purchases #38 - Bob Dylan - Street- Legal

Over the past couple of years I have gradually been adding to the Bob Dylan albums on the shelves with charity shop purchases. This included replacing burns which has been pretty successful with only Street-Legal remaining.

I noticed it on the Debra shelves and thought that I had included it in my initial 20 purchases.However, when I got back home I noticed that I hadn't.This necessitated a further visit to pick it up and it seemed churlish not to add a few others.

From 1978 and on Columbia as per usual it was his 18th studio album. Obviously I would have been totally oblivious to its release at the time given that it was slap bang in the middle of the Punk revolution.

It has a gospel and pop friendly feel about it and received mixed reviews despite being commercially successful.It seems to have been better received in the UK than the US

Changing of the Guards was the opening single from the album but failed to chart.Baby, Stop Crying fared better reaching #13 in the UK and top 10 in a number of other European countries 

It was a long time since I had listened to the burn but I really enjoyed hearing this again


Bob Dylan -Changing of the Guard

Bob Dylan - Baby Stop Crying

2 comments:

  1. Many of us Bobcats are hoping for a deep dive Bootleg Series devoted to the Street Legal sessions one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I know that my Dylan posts will get one like Swede!

      Delete