Search This Blog

Friday 14 April 2023

Let it All In

 


Let It All In  a 2020 album by Baltimore band Arbouretum popped up on a memory stick  in the car the other day.

They are on the Thrill Jockey label who write: Arbouretum’s mystic folk-rock collapses a continuum of 20th century music into decidedly classic song structures. English folk, country blues, Americana and 70s psychedelia all serve as touchpoints in their singular and distinctive sound. The Baltimore-based band have perfected the craft of storytelling using the delicate interplay of melodies and prosaic lyrics to tell vivid stories that engage the listener and transport them the way an immersive novel would.

I'm not sure how they initially crossed my radar but they impressed me sufficiently enough to include them in one of my Best of 2020 lists They put me in mind a little bit of a more Bluesy Rose City Band who I was heavily into at that time and also perhaps the latest album from The Hanging Stars.

It seems that they have been on the go since 2002 during which time they have released a plethora of albums, Nothing since Let it All In however which is a bit of a pity.

Arbouretum - How Deep It Goes

Arbouretum -No Sanctuary Blues

3 comments:

  1. I can't remember how these guys crossed my radar either, but I have this album stored on one of the hard drives. How Deep it Goes is a particularly fine tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a little Television thing going on. Or Real Estate. Anyway, I like it.

    ReplyDelete