Search This Blog

Thursday 27 April 2023

Lu's Jukebox

 


Another post of a legend covering other legends.

During lockdown Lucinda Williams released a series of  six themed livestream concerts that pay tribute to specific artists, musical styles, and eras. These were known collectively as Lu's Jukebox. Something to do and also something to generate some much needed income during those difficult times

The six volumes are as follows

Vol 1 -  Runnin' Down a Dream - a tribute to Tom Petty

Vol 2 - Southern Soul (from Memphis to Muscle Shoals & more)

Vol 3 - Bob's Back Pages - A Night of Bob Dylan Songs

Vol 4 - Funny How Time Slips Away -  A Night of 60's Country Classics

Vol 5 - Have Yourself a Rocking Little Christmas

Vol 6 - It's Only Rock'n'Roll - a tribute to the Rolling Stones

All available on Discogs here

As you can see three cover specific artists so in the spirit of legends covering legends a song from each is featured below.

Her long threatened autobiography Don't Tell Anybody The Secrets I Told You is finally available and has taken pride of place at the top of my birthday list

Lucinda Williams - Runnin' Down a Dream

Lucinda Willaims - Blind Willie McTell

Lucinda Williams - Dead Flowers

2 comments:

  1. I'll be adding that autobiog to my own endless wants list... though I might wait for the paperback (cheapskate!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out her version of Dylan's Queen Jane etc which I really liked but when all's said done these types of full cover albums just make you want to go back and listen to the original songs themselves. Reductive I know but that's me - a reductive sourpuss. I may feel differently tomorrow haha

    ReplyDelete