Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Ocean Rain

 


2020 Charity Shop Purchase 34 - Echo & the Bunnymen - Ocean Rain

I visited a new to me charity shop on Saturday, Kinder Handl on Glasgow's Battlefield Rd (where I had a flat for a couple of years), and came away with a reasonably impressive haul

Included in the haul were two Echo & the Bunnymen CDs one of which was their 4th studio album Ocean Rain from 1984 on WEA/Korova.

Up until now I've only had avinyl copy of the compiltation Songs to Learn and Sing and the CD single of Nothing Lasts For Ever.  (I know, I know ... )

According to Ian McCulloch it is the greatest album ever made. I'm not sure about that . Ask me again after a few listens. Until then I will content myself with featuring the singles which I am pretty familiar with.

Echo & the Bunnymen - Silver

Echo & the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon

Echo & the Bunnymen -Seven Seas

8 comments:

  1. It's a mighty fine record, there's no denying, though I'm often ridiculed for stating that my own personal favourite E&tB album is 'What Are You Going to Do with Your Life?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wasn't the other one Swede!

      Delete
    2. That is a fantastic choice Swede! WAYGTDWYL is a beautiful, sometimes touching, portrait of a band, of men, that have grown older and reflective.

      Delete
  2. Not the Greatest Record Ever Made maybe but a very good one indeed. In fact of the Bunnymen's albums I'd only put Heaven Up here ahead of it.

    Swede- that's an outlying opinion but if someone can't have favourite albums that other people don't, what's the world coming to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it isn't the greatest album ever made, and it is for me on certain days of the week, weeks of the year, etc, etc, it does contain my favorite song of all time My Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 fabulous tracks there but for me, title track Ocean Rain transcends them all

    ReplyDelete