Search This Blog

Friday 18 September 2020

Enemy of the Enemy

 


2020 Charity Shop Purchase 36 - Asian Dub Foundation - Enemy of the Enemy


I remember getting quite excited when Rafi's Revenge the 1998 second album by Asian Dub Foundation came out and I eagerly snapped it up . An album which  combined punk energy with a jungle/reggae core.

For a while,however, it was the only thing by them to grace the shelves until an ICA which was the debut contribution by  Tim Badger appeared at JC's place on June 25th 2015.

And then again nothing until I picked up Enemy of the Enemy their 4th album from 2003 on the Fffr Records label on my recent charity shop foray.

This one became their best selling album with the opening track Fortress Europe being an attack on European immigration policy. Machine guns strut on the cliffs of Dover. Funny how some things never change.

The track 1000 Mirrors features guest vocals from Sinead O'Connor.

Powerful stuff

Asian Dub Foundation - Fortess Europe

Asian Dub Foundation - 1000 Mirrors

1 comment:

  1. Asian Dub Foundation passed me by....or I them. How many 000s of artists can that describe? I've got an e.p of theirs somewhere in the pile though - late nineties I think. I liked the Fortress Europe track so I'll dig mine out and give it a spin.

    ReplyDelete