Search This Blog

Friday 25 September 2020

James

 


2020 Charity Shop Purchase 40 - James - The Best Of

I think that I've mentioned before that without being a huge fan of James I have picked up a few of their albums over the years either as cheap second hand or via charity shops. At the last count I had Strip-mine, Gold Mother and Seven on vinyl with Stutter and Laid on CD.

Therefore it was probably laziness on me part to pick up The Best Of from 1998 given that I have most of the tunes. It will save me digging out the albums if I fancy a quick blast of some of their more popular tunes.

I'm pretty sure that I've picked this up before only to find that the box was empty. So second time lucky I suppose.

To date it looks like I've only featured two out of the five albums above. Come Home is from Gold Mother which has not featured yet. Destiny Calling  was a single released released in the run up to the release of the Best Of album and Hymn From a Village is from an early EP James II

James - Come Home

James - Destiny Calling

James - Hymn From a Village

3 comments:

  1. First James track I heard was Hymn From A Village courtesy of Peel's Festive 50 in 1985 (it got to #28 pop pickers). Thought I'd jog a few memories by listening to it again unfortunately your link repeats the Destiny Calling track! It's OK though as it made me do my own donkey work for once and source it from my own copy! Like you I've got 2 or 3 of their albs but always felt that a Best of is probably all you need of theirs. A bit harsh perhaps but they do have some killer tracks whilst I have none!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies
      Can't fix it as I am on holiday
      This is happening far to often.
      Must do better

      Delete
  2. Yep, James is a perfect "best of" kind of band to me, and the tracklist of this album is chock full of goodies.

    ReplyDelete