Search This Blog

Thursday 13 June 2013

Siss Boom Bang


Most folk associate k.d. lang, or Kathryn Dawn Lang, to give her Sunday name, with her torch songs from the late 80's and early 90's such as Constant Craving and Miss Chatelaine and her duet of Crying with the Big O.

However, there is more to her that that
I've her 1987 album Angel with a Lariat which she recorded with her band at the time the Reclines which is out and out country complete with an obligatory Patsy Cline cover, 3 Cigarettes in an Ash Tray. I got my copy at a sale of surplus record library CDs

Fast forward 24 years and she is recording with a big band - the Siss Boom Bang - and yes she sing's it loud.

To date, the only CD I have ever purchased in the lovely Fife market town of Cupar

k.d. lang - Sing it Loud

k.d. lang - I Confess

No comments:

Post a Comment