Search This Blog

Friday 1 April 2016

She's a Good Girl, Crazy 'bout Elvis


Free Fallin' by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers was my recent holiday earworm - especially the line in the above post title - it's been rolling round my head ever since.
To keep it company here is fellow Full Moon Fever number I Won't Back Down
If I knew how to edit MP3's when it comes to hidden tracks you would also be getting the Dawn Landes version.
Until then you will have to make do with the You Tube version







Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Free Fallin'

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - I Won't Back Down

7 comments:

  1. Classics. Love the Dawn Landes version too.

    Thanks for not posting the Sam Smith rip-off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Rol
    I only very vaguely know who Sam Smith is and thankfully I am not familiar with his music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But do just have a very quick listen to Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me', CC!

      Delete
  3. Strokes steal from Petty, Smith steals from Petty. I would say this guy must have something special going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always thought of Tom Petty as a bit of an up and down rock 'n' roller with a fistful of generic rock songs and as a result have pretty much left his albums unlistened to (Sorry, never end sentence with a preposition. Ever!) Yet, I do recognise he's written some top-notch tunes AND he's moved in mega starry circles e.g Dylan, Harrison, Orbison, Stevie Nicks etc so I suppose that's allowed especially as I've written diddley squat myself!

    ReplyDelete