Search This Blog

Sunday 21 January 2024

Shazam Sunday 7

 


A Shazam Sunday with a difference today.

Instead of music off the telly it is music which was being played in a Charity Shop in this case Kinder Handl on Glasgow's Battlefield Road.

They have hundreds of CDs at a pound a pop - the problem is that none are any good! There is usually music playing when you are browsing and these two songs caught my ear.

I recognised the song Living By Numbers but it took Shazam to inform me that it was recorded by New Musik. I'm not sure that I would have got that one without help. 

I did better with the second one recognising that it was by Scritti Politti (cover your ears Mrs Brian!) I would have struggled to give you the full title mainly Wood Beez (Pray Like Aretha Franklin) an excellent namechecking song.

New Musik - Living By Numbers

Scritti Politti - Wood Beez (Pray Like Aretha Franklin)


6 comments:

  1. The New Musik singer sounds like the bloke from the LIghtning Seeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had not heard Living By Numbers in this century. Was really up my street as a lad. Obviously, though, I like your other selection best. I’m sure the Mrs. wouldn’t concur. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this hanging around, listening to their music, and not actually buying anything. I'm surprised they haven't kicked you out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'mon CC - you need to do more pub quizzes, or you'd have got the Scritti Politti one, brackets and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go back at the first opportunity and hand over your one pound for the New Musik album - it'll be one of the best pounds you've EVER spent. Great album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noted but I think the song was from a compilation

      Delete