Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 January 2024

Brothers, Sisters ..... 14

 



   

 

When doing my "research" for this week's post I found that back in September 2017 I had started an identical series which petered out after just three posts. I had clearly either forgotten about it or expunged it entirely from my memory

5 out of the 6 acts who appeared then are scheduled to appear in this series with one of them being The Secret Sisters. The odd one out is the Webb Brothers who inexplicably do not appear on the first 20 names I jotted down. Tempted as I am to shoe horn them in them's the rules.

Here's what I wrote about the Secret Sisters back then Laura and Lydia Rogers record and perform as Americana duo The Secret Sisters. They are from Muscle Shoals, Alabama a town with a great musical history and they first honed their skills by singing a cappella in their local church

Nothing much to add really. At one stage there was a fair degree of hype and it looked as though they were going to hit the big time but it never quite happened

There was never really any danger of Detroit band Deadstring Brothers making the big time. They were active from 2003 -2014 on the Bloodshot Records label. I have a couple of their albums and saw them put on a great show at the original Stereo pub in Glasgow's Kelvinhaugh Street.

As I have previously written A band who obviously spend their formative years in bedrooms listening to Exile on Main Street - no bad thing

It's the less polished Brothers for me this week




3 comments:

  1. I think I'll go Sisters this week too. Particularly liked Pocket Knife.

    Can I vote to extend this series by an extra post so that the Webb Brothers get their day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to refer this one to VAR and it was so close they had to get the lines out. There followed 3 minutes of silence leaving everyone on tenterhooks before they finally announced it was the Brothers by a shoelace. I had a Secret Sisters album but it didn't survive my cull

    ReplyDelete