Search This Blog

Sunday 7 January 2024

Shazam Sunday 5

 


This week we have what should have been Shazam Sunday 4 masquerading as Shazam Sunday 5 as I got them the wrong way round last time out. I blame excess food and drink over the Festive period.

I'm not sure on which TV programme a brief snippet of Emajer by Tinariwen. I instantly suspected that it was by them and thought that I recognised the song. This was because I downloaded it a couple of years ago after hearing it on 6Music.

I hadn't got down to recorded the source when I Shazamed Dry Your Eyes by The Streets but think that it was from Gone Fishing and that it may have involved Ted the dog.

More from Mortimer and Whitehouse's brilliant series next Sunday.

The Streets - Dry Your Eyes

Tinariwen - Tineriwen



4 comments:

  1. I'm going to describe today's music as eclectic...and brilliant.
    Swc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eclectic!
    We're watching the (brilliant) Truelove on Ch4; great soundtrack so far but had to Shazam one of the songs on the first episode (it was Greg Brown, Spring Wind). I thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dry Your Eyes track is ace as indeed is Mortimer and Whitehouse's Gone Fishing

    ReplyDelete