Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 January 2024

Keep On Truckin'

 


New transport series alert. Not buses (sorry Ernie ) but trucks!

Plenty of Country numbers as I'm sure you can imagine. Let's start with Gotta Keep Truckin'  from the album No Particular Way by the Ponderosa Aces featuring our good friend Jonny the Friendly Lawyer on bass.

The Aces are followed by Kissinger with a song which will be resurrected should I ever get round to doing a bike series.

I think that it will be in order to include Truckstops as part of this series so today's post will conclude with the title track from Lindi Ortega's album Cigarettes and Truckstops.

After a leisurely rest at the truckstop we will be hitting the road again same time next week.

Keep on Truckin!

The Ponderosa Aces - Gotta Keep Truckin'

Kissinger - Bike vs Truck

Lindi - Ortega - Cigarettes & Truckstops


7 comments:

  1. I think this series might consist largely of country songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Convoy doesn't feature at some point, I'm taking my bat home.

    Also, I hope you carry this on for another 11 months, so you can include Trucking Trees For Christmas by Red Simpson - a perennial favourite in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get to the end of March I'll be doing well!

      Delete
  3. Truckin' hell, CC! (well, someone had to go there, it might as well be me)

    Looking forward to this even if it turns out to be a shortlived series. Can I put in an early plea, even though it's stretching the theme somewhat for Faron Young (Truckin' Mix) by Prefab Sprout?

    To balance the scale-tipping surfeit of country songs, I'd also recommend these little ditties:
    What It Is: Garnet Mimms & Truckin' Company
    Keep On Truckin: Eddie Kendricks
    The Power Of Independent Trucking: Big Black

    Now I'm off to YouTube to see if anyone has uploaded old episodes of BJ And The Bear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Rol for his Red Simpson plea and I also humbly submit A Truck Stop Christmas (BRS-49) and Santa's Trucker (Wayne Mayfield)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some non-country suggestions, including a couple of dancey things:-

    Truck Train Driver - The Pastels
    The Truck-Driver and His Mate - Pet Shop Boys
    Truck - HiFi Sean (ft. Fred Schneider)
    The World's First Ever Monster Truck Front Flip - Arctic Monkeys
    Zebra Trucks - Young Marble Giants

    The last of the above is quite minimalist and really has nowt' to do with trucking as far as I can make out.

    Here's a countrified suggestion....you might not know it as it was an extra track on a CD single

    The Rockingbirds - Time Drives The Truck

    And finally......

    Ballboy - Dumper Truck Racing

    ReplyDelete