Search This Blog

Friday 27 January 2023

The Revolution Starts at Closing Time

 


My new Revolutionary Friday series appears to have caught the public's imagination. I have already received a guest post which will feature next week.

Last week I said that there wouldn't always be a Mandatory Reggae contribution. Ernie obviously thought otherwise and he has provided me with enough material to keep things ticking on for a while.

I've also decided to change the title to reflect the songs with the proviso that the word Revolution also appears. Blimey, this is getting as complex as one of SWC's series

I think it is fair to say that Britain is far less likely to have a revolution than anywhere else such as France or Russia for example. Were we to have one it would almost certainly have to wait until the pubs shut as Serious Drinking suggested with this song from 1983,

I suspect that the Waco Brothers would be up for a revolution albeit Jon Langford is getting on a bit. He could always be the Revolution Artist sending pictures from the front line.

The Mandatory Reggae version this week is one of mine as opposed to one of  Ernie's. Here the late great Toots Hibbert and his Maytals opt for a more laid back approach.

Did I say there was a guest post scheduled for next week?





8 comments:

  1. Serious Drinking, I've not played that or the follow up for possibly 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely up for a revolution. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the halcyon days of the early 1980's, 'The Revolution Starts at Closing Time' was an anthem for me and my mates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to the Revolution series although I got Serious Drinking twice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Serious Drinking song.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on catch-up duty, but your new series did remind me of what blogger tells me is my most popular post ever. It's from 10 years ago, and I'd probably have a very different list were I to do it again, but for posterity's sake...

    http://histopten.blogspot.com/2013/04/my-top-ten-revolution-songs.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of those will feature Rol.I see that I belatedly offered up Serious Drinking in the comments!

      Delete