Search This Blog

Thursday 19 January 2023

Sometimes I Wish I Never Heard The Rolling Stones

 


I was struggling for something to post today until I read Tuesday's post from our dear friend Walter featuring  the album Dead By Dinner by Michael Hall and the Woodpeckers.

Now I don't have this album but I do have a number of their songs courtesy of various compilations from the great German Americana label Blue Rose. This in turn led me down a rabbit hole for a very pleasant couple of hours.

Blue Rose are from Abstatt which is close to Stuttgart which may well explain how they crossed Walter's rader. They have released records by the likes of Steve Wynn,Chuck Prophet, Jason Ringenberg and Edinburgh's very own Wynntown Marshals.

Another great German Americana label is of course Glitterhouse who hail from Beverungen in North Rhine - Westphalia  which is a good distance from Stutgart.

Don't be confused by Munich Records who describe their CD Awesome as a compilation of Americana bands on a Dutch label named after a German town.

There you go a geography lesson as well as some great music

Thanks for the inspiration Walter.I may get around to featuring some stuff from Glitterhouse and Munich shortly 

Meanwhile here are a few more from MH&W courtesy of Blue Rose compilations and downloads from their website

Michael Hall & the Woodpeckers - Sometimes I Wish I Never Heard the Rolling Stones

Michael Hall & the Woodpeckers - A Heart Needs a Home

Michael Hall & the Woodpeckers - Revolution in Cuba

Michael Hall & the Woodpeckers - In the Crypt of Eleanora

No comments:

Post a Comment