Search This Blog

Saturday 21 January 2023

Saturday!

 



2023 Charity Shop Purchases #4 - McAlmont - Saturday! (CD Single)

Following the conclusion of my Townes Covered series there was a bit of a Saturday vacuum.

Thankfully this charity shop CD single fell into my lap and neatly filled it.

Confession time. I did not buy it merely to plug that gap. No I am not as clever as that. Rather I got it on the back of the fantastic album Happy Ending by HiFi Sean & David McAlmont which was recently made available to Last Night From Glasgow patrons prior to its general release on 3rd February. Details here One which is already a firm favourite with one or two bloggers.

Saturday! by McAlmont was a non album stand alone single released on the Hut label on June 15th 1995 with all proceeds being donated to The Pride Trust.  This was when McAlmont and Butler were flying high so hopefully it made a tidy sum.

It was in a small polythene pouch which produced a surprise when I got home. All will be revealed on Monday!

McAlmont - Big Man

McAlmont - Saturday!

McAlmont - Fort James

McAlmont - My Grey Boy

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't aware of this release. Cheeky wee download about to be arranged. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete