Search This Blog

Thursday 12 January 2023

The Godfather

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #1  - James Brown - The Godfather - The Very Best Of

The first charity shop purchases of 2023 have been made. Over the last few days I have visited charity shops in Stirling, Dunblane, Aucherarder and Crieff and the pickings have been of the very slim variety.

The three shops in Stirling I visited and the two in Dunblane either had no CDs on offer or a meagre and extremely poor selection of the usual suspects.

By the time I got to the Red Cross shop in Aucherarder I was definitely beginning to get a bit twithcy and perhaps even a little  bit desperate.It was time to take the bull by the horns and finally make a purchase.

I came away with the one pictured above -The Godfather - The Very Best of James Brown. From 2002 on Universal is is actually not a bad compilation fearuring as it does 20 of his most famous tracks. I got it for the lowest of the three prices on Discogs.

It is definitely an upgrade on the only other album I have by the self proclaimed hardest working man in show business namely a 16 track live album on Prism called Funky Goodtime. Looking back his name has appeared here far more frequently than his music.

Time to rectify that. Here are three of his most famous songs that you should all be familiar with.
Get up offa that thing.








3 comments:

  1. That's a pretty good start to the year for charity shop finds, CC. May it continue on the up and up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting much harder sorting the wheat from the chaff C

      Delete
  2. Anytime I hear 'Living In America', I think to myself that it's a total waste of James Brown's time and energy.

    ReplyDelete