Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Compare and Contrast



I've been enjoying listening to Designer the recent album by New Zealander Aldous Harding which is produced by John Parish and is on the 4AD label.

It was the Robster who first broght her to my attention in his short reappearance over Christmas and New Year, hardly surprising perhaps given that she is now residing in Cardiff. George also got in in the act.

The third track on the album Zoo Eyes immediately put me in mind of the track Little Bird on Seventh Tree, my favourite Goldfrapp album.

See what you think

Aldous Harding - Zoo Eyes

Goldfrapp - Little Bird

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I know what you mean about these two.
    I've wondered about this album as really fell in love with the track 'Fixture Picture' which got a lot of airplay on 6Music last Summer. Her videos are totally mad too - certainly an interesting character.

    ReplyDelete