Search This Blog

Saturday 2 April 2016

Stranraer Americana Revisited - Wagon


A further visit to Stranraer yielded another couple of slices of Americana.
Wagon was a name mooted by The Swede when he was trying to guess what was coming next in the recent series.
At the time the name didn't mean much to me but I subsequently discovered that I have at least a  couple of their tracks on various Americana compilations (of which I have many)
Therefore when I saw Beauty Angel Queen going for 75p it was a bit of a no brainer. The fact that it was on the mighty Glitterhouse label sealed the deal.
From St Louis I don't know much about them other than that they appear to have at least two other albums No Kinder Room and Anniversary

The final slice (for now at least) next Saturday

Wagon - Everything She Owns

Wagon - Still Amazed

3 comments:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm clearly looking in the wrong charity shops. All I ever see are wall to wall 'Dance Hits' and 'Now That's What I Call Music' style compilations. This is another good find CC - solid Americana. I only know 'Beauty Angel Queen' and 'No Kinder Room', though I'm sure 'Anniversary' would prove well worth 75p should you ever come across it, somewhere down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another visit to Stranraer is obviously in order. Otherwise, I might have to pop up there myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the exception of cheap Americana Stranraer is not really worth a vist

      Delete