Search This Blog

Saturday 9 April 2016

Stranraer Americana Revisited - Lambchop Revisited


If you are in the Seattle area please keep an eye out for  Brian Be prepared to administer first aid, call 911 or put him in the recovery position as there is not one but TWO Lambchop albums on the CC shelves!
Yup I have now acquired Nixon for the grand total of 75p.
I must be honest if it been more than a quid I would probably not have bothered as I still remain to be convinced. Mrs CC quite likes them though.
I think that I slightly prefer Is a Woman

The first song reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it.
That Curtis Mayfield was a busy boy. Not content with penning all those hits for Major Lance here he joins forces with Kurt Wagner to come up with The Book I Haven't Read.

I suspect that is the Stranraer Americana seam well and truly mined  .... but you just never know!

Lambchop - Up With The People

Lambchop - The Book I Haven't Read

10 comments:

  1. Another excellent bargain CC. Two Lambchop albums in the collection? You're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. Nixon is probably Kurt Wagner's greatest moment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember buying this when it was released. No idea what the fuss is about. Turgid. I don't suppose there are any more offerings from the shelves of your brother in the near future (to make up for today's offerings!)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHich of course I had already done. But we need more! Well, I do.

      Delete
  4. I appreciate the effort, CC, even at 75p. I like many songs by Lambchop, but this is the go to album for me. Mrs. CC and your brother have excellent taste. OK, so do you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utter brilliance. Come back soon, Mr. Wagner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These songs are good but at the time the fuss seemed over the top. He can pen a tune.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nixon is probably Lambchop's best. And songs like Grumpus makes me feel good every time I listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nixon is probably Lambchop's best. And songs like Grumpus makes me feel good every time I listen to.

    ReplyDelete