Search This Blog

Saturday 16 April 2016

Peanuts


It's a little known fact but Charity Chic Music is actually huge within the peanut growing community.
One of the fraternity, we shall call him George as that is his name, has requested a peanut song to commemorate the start of planting this year's crop
It is probably more of a challenge than a request and one which I pretty much failed dismally.
I couldn't  immediately find anything  on the shelves so had to resort to cheating.

Here is Little Joe Cook and the Thrillers with their 1957 hit Peanuts




59p saw me acquire a  digital version by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons

Thereafter I  gave up. I think I may hand over the challenge to Rol of My Top Ten fame.
If he can do a top 10 on toast he can surely come up with one on peanuts or failing that nuts in general.

A final thought. I wonder whether if like fellow peanut farmer Jimmy Carter, George enjoys a bit of Repetition?


Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - Peanuts

The Fall - Repetition

13 comments:

  1. Splendid stuff. I hadn't heard the Little Joe Cook version before today. And who doesn't love a bit of 'Repetition'?
    I'm out the door in a minute, otherwise I'd post this one over at my place in George's honour. Happy planting George - here's to a successful crop! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_99OD7snVQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks CC. But what would you say if I told you we had torrential rain yesterday that has rendered the relevant section of the field useless for peanut planting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latest news! Peanuts planted in a different location than planned, but rain stopped play. Planting to be resumed asap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep us updated George. Peanut news is whats keeping us going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rain's off at the moment, Adam, I'll be cycling up to the farm in about an hour, so there could be more peanuts planted......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi CC,
    If it isn't o.k. to post these for George's amusement, you can always delete the comment:

    Seven Foot Dilly & His Dill Pickles: Pickin' Off Peanuts
    https://app.box.com/s/a2v6kdo598bnjgmw0qw2t3u1xmwjyfaj

    The Marathons: Peanut Butter
    https://app.box.com/s/ybhzoej79mvmr2nenjr7deyxzb0kf3dp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Marie- the more the merrier

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll join in the fun too, here's a couple, one by Mr J Cash: http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/6I1dtuth/file.html

    And one by…er…a group who are nowhere near as cool: http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/9cqozMiQ/file.html

    Cheers, Jez

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Seven Foot Dilly name reminds of the childhood joke "My friend Billy...."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dare not guess at the rest of the joke, George . . .

      Delete
  10. By the way, is Peanut Butter alluding to something that isn;t really peanut butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, George - it's just too silly. There were a number of head-scratching songs in the '60s. (The Purple People Eater, for one.) The Marathons also recorded as the Vibrations.

      Delete
  11. Jez, how offended would you be if I said Marie's choice of songs was better thatn yours?

    ReplyDelete