Search This Blog

Monday 24 July 2023

Trust

 


I was out for a few drinks last Thursday with my brother in Glasgow's Strathbungo area.

We stumbled upon a small shop called Otherside which sells second hand books, records and oddities. It was new to me but in appears to have been open for a few years.

Naturally I bought a couple of records one of which was Trust the 5th studio album from Elvis Costello  (and the 4th with the Attractions) from as far back as 1981. I bought it in the full knowledge that I already had it. What can I say, drink had been taken.

It  only cost me two quid and hardly surprising for that price it was in pretty poor condition. I will therefore content myself with my previous copy and send this one back.

A quick search tells me that I haven't featured this one before so here goes. Out of laziness however the tracks below have been taken from my CD copy of the 1989 compilation Girls! Girls! Girls! as opposed to me ripping the vinyl.

Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Lover's Walk

Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Strict Time

Elvis Costello & the Attractions - New Lace Sleeves

3 comments:

  1. A warning to all young people never to shop when drunk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a large pile of duplicates - bought from Charity Shops either under the influence of drink, or because I'm just very forgetful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those early Costello albums are a run of brilliance.

    I bought a Nils Lofgren compilation I already own yesterday. Alcohol hasn't touched my lips since 2000.

    ReplyDelete