Search This Blog

Thursday 13 July 2023

Devil Women

 


Although I still have plenty of Jesus material left I think we may all  be Jesus'd out by now. I know I am.

In a less than original thought I am contemplating following it up with a Devil series. This may or may not come to fruition. It won't if I can come up with anything better but still might if I can't. Watch this space.
Suggestions and/or guest posts welcomed as I'm short on inspiration.

Meanwhile here are some devil women to keep you going including a mandatory reggae one.




Oh go on then , you know you want to ... Making his long awaited debut on these pages ....


6 comments:

  1. the 1970s, when Cliff was good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very concerned that there would be no Cliff... until I scrolled down a bit further. Phew.

    Here are some more evil women...

    https://histopten.blogspot.com/2015/11/my-top-ten-bad-woman-songs.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disappointed neither of you included Marty Robbins' 'Devil Woman': https://youtu.be/czVopvpn-t4

      Delete
  3. I've a few Devils (suggestions) of my own hahaha. Daniel Johnston's Devil Town, The Devil's Musick from virtually unknown Brighton band Caramel Jack, an obvious one from the Smiths and the greatest Devil song of all time by Atomic Rooster

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you would expect, the devil is more fun than Jesus. Got many off the top of my head, but I'll just name a few for now...
    The B-52s - Devil in My Car
    The Dentists - I'm Not the Devil
    The Devotions - Devil's Gotten Into My Baby
    Matthew Sweet - Devil With the Green Eyes
    The Go-Betweens - The Devil's Eye
    The Monochrome Set - The Devil Rides Out
    John Wesley Harding - The Devil in Me
    Vic Godard - The Devil's in League With You

    I second the Smiths and Daniel Johnston. Elvis won't let you down either.

    ReplyDelete