Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 July 2023

Summer Breeze

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #64  - The Isley Brothers - Summer Breeze; The Best Of

My second York purchase is much more pleasing to the ear. Summer Breeze is a two CD Best Of by The Isleys with a whopping 32 tracks. I've only listened to the first CD so far which seems to contain most of the big hitters.

Although it has featured here a couple of times before given the time of year it would be churlish to exclude Summer Breeze. That Lady (parts 1 and 2) is another which I feel that I can't possibly ignore.

Finally from their cover album Givin' It Back we have what I have previously described as a slab of social commentary weighing in at 9 minutes and 13 seconds starting with Neil Young's Ohio and morphing into Jimi Hendrix' Machine Gun.

I may well come back to you with some of their lesser known numbers once I have given CD2 a listen

The Isley Brothers - Summer Breeze

The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Parts 1&2)

The Isley Brothers - Ohio/Machine Gun

1 comment:

  1. Can't go wrong with the Isleys. This Old Heart Of Mine remains one of my all time favourites.

    ReplyDelete