Search This Blog

Saturday 22 July 2023

Saturday Shuffle 14

 


I've finally made it back to the gym following my recent episode. It's baby steps at the moment until I find my feet again. Thankfully I've got some great tunes on the Gym MP3 player to assist me.

One such tune is He Made a Woman Out of Me by the mighty Bettye LaVette. This is taken from a compilation called Southern Soul Showcase -Cryin' in the Streets which featured on my recent Kent Compilations series

It wouldn't be the Saturday Shuffle without something from a Jon Savage compilation. Here is a preview pressing of Kick Out the Jams by MC5  from 1968 - The Year The World Burned

Finally we have our cover star the Georgia Peach himself Little Richard with a quite magnificent version of the Don Covay song  I Don't Know What You've Got, But it's Got Me.

More shuffling next Saturday if you're good.

Bettye LaVette - He Made a Woman Out of Me

MC5 - Kick Out the Jams (Preview Pressing)

Little Richard -I Don't Know What You've Got But It's Got Me (Parts 1&2)



3 comments:

  1. An excellent trio of songs, CC, just imagine if they'd actually recorded together.

    Hope you're feeling much better...post-illness, I mean, but post-gym may equally apply!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you're feeling much better now CC, take care. And 'Kick Out The Jams' - what a perfect song to accompany your workout. A perfect song in any circumstances in fact.

    ReplyDelete