Search This Blog

Saturday 29 July 2023

Saturday Shuffle 15

 



More random Saturday nonsense today courtesy of my Gym MP3 player which I again left on my desk which led me having to endure the piped noise that they claim constitutes music.

What better way to start that with some Delta Swamp Rock from the Swamp Fox himself Tony Joe White. Who's Making Love is taken from the splendidly named Delta Swamp Rock Volume 2 (More Sounds From the South 1968-75: At the Crossroads of Rock, Country and Soul) . An excellent CD which I took out from the library - details here

We up the tempo for the second track The Height of the Fighting (He-La - Hu) which was the 5th and final single from Heaven 17's classic Penthouse and Pavements album from 1981. It didn't trouble the charts.I have always being under the impression that the bit in parenthesis was actually Hula Hoops and I am sticking with that.

Finally we conclude with Waxahatchee and the song Witches track 7 from her excellent 2020 album Saint Cloud.

More assorted stuff like this next Saturday




3 comments:

  1. Three belting songs today, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love these three too. Enough to make me get the dumbells out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not meant to be a euphemism...

      Delete