Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 July 2023

62

 


I'm 62 today. I'm not quite sure how that happened but there it is in black and red.

As for posting some relevant music I am in that no man's land between Highway 61 and Route 66 and I've still got a two years to go before I can ask  will you still need me, will you still feed me?

Undeterred I typed 62 in the search box for my music folder and to my surprise three MP3's popped up.

There is actually a tune on there called Figures of '62 which comes from an album called The Debt Collection by a band called The Shortwave Set which The Swede kindly gifted to me last year in Edinburgh. The album, but not this song, has featured here before as part of Swedefest

The other two 62s appear to refer to track numbers from a couple of reasonably large boxsets which I have downloaded. I Stayed Away Too Longer is by the mighty Solomon Burke and is taken from Solomon Burke King of Rock'n'Soul - The Atlantic Recordings 1962-1968.

The final one Got to Be Somebody For Me is by Eddie Floyd and is taken from the 7th and final disc (Uncut Songs - Part 3)  on Written in Their Souls : The Stax Songwriters Demos. I will confess that I've still to get around to giving this one a listen.

There is every chance that these two boxsets will make a reappearance same time, same place next year!

The Shortwave Set - Figures of '62

Solomon Burke -I Stayed Away Too Long

Eddie Floyd - Got to be Somebody For Me

15 comments:

  1. Happy 62th CC! I hear Mick Jagger is very chuffed to share his birthday with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!

    I had a quick look back at the Hot 100 Countdown for 62, and this suggestion from Lynchie was not appropriate at all...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQX8juyPk70

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have looked there! Will bear it in mind for next year

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday. You also share the day with George Bernard Shaw, Dobie Gray, Darlene Love, Susan George and Sandra Bullock. And the drummer of Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many happy returns of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was 62 on Monday. It's a bugger being the same age as old folks ain't it? Still enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best to you on this fine day, CC. If I were in your shoes, I would just replicate what you do on your wife’s birthday. You have earned the right to kick back like that whenever you want. Take care. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone.
    Just read that The Clash released their debut album on my 18th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very belated happy birthday, CC, I hope you're still celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many belated happy birthday greetings. George kindly avoided saying you also share a birthday with Kevin Spacey and Liz Truss! On the positive side you can add Jacinda Ardern and Stormzy. As for the Shortwave Set, their album Debt Collection is pretty good and well worth exploring

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated birthday greetings CC - I hope you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete