Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 July 2023

Stick or Twist? - Wednesday Morning 3AM

 


There are a handful of CDs on one of the bottom shelves that I don't quite know what to do with. By and large they come from CD job lots. Some have been played, some haven't but none have been filed as yet.
Should we keep them or send them back?

One such album is Wednesday Morning 3AM by Simon & Garfunkel. Originally released in 1964 to widespread indifference it enjoyed a modicum of success in 1966 on the back of the success of The Sound of Silence. It was not released in the UK until 1968 in both mono and stereo formats. 

Amazingly Simon & Garfunkel only had five studio albums - this one, Sound of Silence (1966), Parsley, Sage,Rosemary & Thyme (1966), Bookends (1968) and Bridge Over Troubled Water (1970). Like everyone else on the planet we have the ubiquitous  Greatests Hits  on vinyl and also The Definitive Simon and Garfunkel on CD.

Given that do we really need it particularly as it is only the disc and no cover that we have?.
I genuinely don't know. I've burnt it while making up my mind. Of course whatever I decide I may well be overruled by Mrs CC who brought it in in the first place.

I quite like these simple folky numbers so I suspect that it will stay.






6 comments:

  1. Mrs CC has decreed it a keeper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to the dreadful twee-ness of Last Night... I did not hold out much hope for the next two. But they are surprisingly listenable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mrs Cc...keep it and elevate it up a couple of shelves....swc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it until you find a copy with a cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 out of 3 ain't bad for a debut album. Definitely keep. I've got a whole slew of loose cds, cdrs etc, many burned for me by friends down the years and I'm not keen on filing them in the 'proper' A-Z. At times I think I'll bin the lot and have no regrets but....they're still here. I never play them so it would make sense and when I pop off the first thing the family will do is sling 'em whilst I'm still warm!

    ReplyDelete