Search This Blog

Thursday 15 June 2023

Jesus and Tequila

 


Jesus, is this STILL going on? Yes I'm afraid it is but I think that I will require to up my game on the back of JC's excellent ICA

Here goes. The debate of Jesus' drinking habits is still on-going. Lydia Loveless was adament that Jesus was a Wino wheras Chuck Prophet insists  that Jesus was in fact merely a social drinker .This week it is the Minutemen whose life appears to revolve around Jesus and Tequila.

Swamp Dogg and Jesus appear to go way back to the extent that Mr Dogg attests that When Nobody Knew Him (I Knew Jesus) There is always someone ahead of the curve.

Now that we have dispensed with the nonsense I am indebted to George who furnished me with a copy of an album called Fire in My Bones - Raw and Rare African-American Gospel 1944-2007. 27 excellent gospel songs but with only two referencing Jesus in the title. Here is the opening track Jesus' Blood by the Golden Stars of Greenwood, SC

More songs from the Gospel according to CC next week

Minutemen - Jesus and Tequila

Swamp Dogg -When He Was No One (I Knew Jesus)

Golden Stars of Greenwood, SC - Jesus' Blood

3 comments:

  1. I only gave you one of the cds, it's a 3cd set. I recommend the album to your readers (and that Zoe Muth album Starlight Hotel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Jesus, eh. What's he like?

    ReplyDelete