Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 June 2023

Albums on both Vinyl and CD -Songs From the Big Chair

 


A brief return to this series with a band who have never featured here before

From 1985 on the  Phonogram label Songs From the Big Chair was the second album from the duo of Roland Orzabol and Curt Smith who are known collectively as Tears For Fears.

The vinyl album has lain ( largely unplayed) on the shelves for a good few years. I'm not sure if it is mine or Mrs CCs. The latter I suspect as I am not particularly a fan. I neither dislike like them or like them. Rather, they are one of those bands whose music completely washes over me without causing irritation.

There was a CD copy kicking around at Mrs CC's mums so I thought I would "borrow" it to give it the once over. I'm afraid I never made it to the end. Here are the two huge singles that you will all be familiar with.

I believe that they are still on the go on the Retro circuit.

Tears For Fears -Shout

Tears For Fears -Everybody Wants to Rule The World

Apologies in advance if you tune in over the next few days and there is nothing to see here .I am pretty busy at the moment with one thing and another and have no new charity purchases or anything pre-prepared. As a minimum I will try to keep some of the series' going. I'm conscious that the last two posts have been a bit barrel scraping.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect time to repost the "A Lost Single Rediscovered" post from 10 March 2021 - Jonathan Richman & the Modern Lovers -Roadrunner (Thrice). Would LOVE to have a copy of this rare track. Thanks

    ReplyDelete