Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 June 2023

The Grand Old Dukes and Duchesses of York

 


By the time you  (and I ) read this we will be safely ensconced in York in the company of AlysonThe SwedeJohn Medd and C for the second annual BlogCom following on from Edinburgh 22.

I'm sure laughs will be had, stories will be told, drinks will be drunk and there may even perhaps be the odd reference to blogging and music.

I'll post some bands from York I thought but I could only come up with Shed 7. Apologies for that. I did however discover The York Song by The Orchids a band from Penilee in Glasgow who recorded on the Sarah label.

No doubt more snippets will sneak out from the linked pages above in due course.

Shed Seven - Going For Gold

Shed Seven - Speakeasy

The Orchids -The York Song


9 comments:

  1. Have fun. Sorry not to be there this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Barry came from York. I just discovered.

    Have a wonderful time, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you both again and I hope your journey home was smooth and uneventful. As I've noted on previous occasions, I have a definite soft spot for Shed Seven. I'll get me coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to be ashamed of there, Swede. They're far better than two Manc goons.

      Delete
  4. Great to see you and Mrs CC again.

    I had no idea Shed 7 came from York and had wondered why they came up in conversation so much!

    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a joy, lovely to see you both again.
    Shed 7 pretty much passed me by at the time but we were watching one of those old ToTP re-runs when they were on and were pleasantly surprised. My nearest claim to fame with them was that years ago I worked with a man whose sons were in a band who once supported them (their dad was very proud of that) - haha, tenuous!

    ReplyDelete