Search This Blog

Friday 2 June 2023

The People's Key

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #57 Bright Eyes - The People's Key 

Since mid 2017 I have acquired seven albums by Bright Eyes a band led by Conor Oberst all of which have come from charity shops. The latest one is The People's Key from 2011 their ninth studio album and on the Saddle Creek label.
Most of these albums can be described as curate's eggs - good in parts and not so good in others.However they usually come up with enough good stuff to keep me happy . If I see one I don't have I will always pick it up.

The People's Key received a mixed to positive critical reception which is fair. NME pushed the boat out calling it a sleek electro-tinged classic.



3 comments:

  1. These two are a bit anonymous. Another bird-scarer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel like I'm on repeat here as I've just told Ernie I've got a couple of albs by a band he featured (Birdie) that I can't recall and now I find I have a couple of albs by Bright Eyes that equally I have no significant memory of. 2-2 then and going into extra time!

    ReplyDelete