Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 June 2023

The Best of Bowie

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #59 -David Bowie -The Best of Bowie

Another trip to Debra in Shawlands to look at furniture .The CDs were back to the usual suspects unlike my previous visit. A quick rummage in the LP box threw up The Best of Bowie  a 16 track 1980 compilation on K-Tel.

Despite having nearly everything from this period (either on vinyl or CD or both) I naturally bought it as it was in excellent condition and it only cost me a pound. I've since read that it includes rare 7 inch edits of Fame and Golden Years  and unique edits of Life on Mars? and Golden Years. So all in all a good find.

I've gone for Starman a song which is now over half a century old and still as fresh as a daisy. It is one I'll never tire of.
My second selection is Sorrow from the 1973 covers album Pin Ups which along with The Man Who Sold the World are the only albums of his from the 70s thst I don't have on vinyl

Essential stuff.



5 comments:

  1. Unusual to find any Bowie in a charity shop, although a quick glance at discogs shows there's quite a few of these floating around. Still, a good find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first ever Bowie purchase! Still got it......

    ReplyDelete