Search This Blog

Saturday 3 June 2023

The Saturday Shuffle 7

 


This week's shuffle  from my gym MP3 player starts with the song I Think I'm in Love from Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space an album from 1997 by Spiritualised. A band and album I had heard of but one that I had never heard until a couple of years ago. My excuse is that I was walking about in a space helmet that was piping in only Americana at the time.

I'm afraid that King Tubby was another relatively late discovery which was aided and abetted by me picking up the 2000 compilation Crucial Dub in a charity shop about five years ago. Dub Experience struck a welcome cord with its sampling of Ring of Fire. Dub can be good gym music

I'm pleased to say that I was more on the ball when it came to Martha Ffion picking up her 2020 album Nights to Forget when it came out on the Lost Map label in 2020. Some pleasant indie including the song Rosaleen from a Glasgow based Northern Irish lass. When I bought the vinyl album Lost Map (the label run by The Pictish Trail) very kindly threw in a CD version as well.

More shuffling of a random variety next Saturday.

Spiritualized - I Think I'm in Love

King Tubby - Dub Experience

Martha Ffion -Rosaleen

1 comment:

  1. I love that Spiritualized album, but it always bugged me that you had to damage the packing to get to the CD. A nice gimmick, but...

    ReplyDelete