Search This Blog

Friday 30 June 2023

It Ain't Gay (To Love Jesus)

 


I've just realised that I have failed to acknowledge Ernie's  significant contributions to this series. He sent me a folder which I named as Ernie Jesus which contained a few songs which have previously featured before plus the first two below. He has been too polite to take issue with my negligence. My (feeble) excuse is that I merely type Jesus into the search box and select from those which pop up.

The song that gives this post its title is by The Git Right Gospel Review who you would think from the name would be the band to provide the final most spiritual song but you would be wrong there.

Another from Ernie (making sure I  belatedly get the namechecks in) is I Met Jesus in a Bar by Jim Lauderdale. Another one involving alcohol  - there could have been a whole  seperate series there.

The final spiritual song is from a Country rather that a Gospel Act. Ernie is not responsible for Jesus is the One by Carl and Pearl Butler. George is the man when it comes to them.

This series will be back on its normal day of Thursday next week unless I can come up with another series to replace it.

The Git Right Gospel Review - It Ain't Gay (To Love Jesus)

Jim Lauderdale - I Met Jesus in a Bar

Carl and Pearl Butler - Jesus is the One

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words CC, but I would have been very happy not to have been mentioned in connection with The Git Right Gospel Review. You may be going to Hell but there's no need to drag the rest of us there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country music eh? You gotta love it hahaha. The Jim Lauderdale is a classic I'll play again! It's good to have it in my locker

    ReplyDelete