Search This Blog

Thursday 22 June 2023

She Left Me For Jesus

 


Apologies for my absence yesterday I was auditioning for a musical. I nailed it!

One of the songs which may well feature is She Left Me For Jesus by Hayes Carll. Amusing the first few times you hear it but after that it begins to sound a little bit like a novelty number.I'm not sure that the same could be said about Hiss Golden Messenger and his proclamation that Jesus Shot Me in the Head.

Perhaps both should enrol On Jesus' Program as advocated by O.V. Wright & the Sunset Travellers.

I'm off back to rehersals.

Hayes Carll - She Left Me For Jesus

Hiss Golden Messenger - Jesus Shot Me in the Head

O.V.Wright & the Sunset Travellers - On Jesus' Programme

7 comments:

  1. Which musical was that then? Sweet Charity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Chic short for Chicago? I shall start using his full name for more formal correspondence in future

      Delete
    2. Sorry, Mr Chicago Sir. Won't happen again.

      Delete
    3. I generally have Fridays off.

      Delete
  2. Great gospel track from the Sunset Travelers

    ReplyDelete