Search This Blog

Saturday 10 June 2023

The Saturday Shuffle 8

 


An absolute calamity occured earlier this week. When I arrived at the gym and opened my bag I discovered that my Gym MP3 player was still lying on my desk in the music room. I was therefore subjected to the piped inane drivel that they have the cheek to call music. I highlight this on every survey they send but it makes little to no difference.  Rant over.

Let's look at what I could have been listening to. First up the classic We're Gonna Make It by Little Milton from an excellent Southern Soul compilation.

From Southern Soul to Rockabilly courtesy of The Bullets whose song I Got the Green appears on a compilation called 21st Century Rockabilly.

Finally some folky blues from the genius that is Bob Dylan with the monumental From a Buick 6  taken from yet another excellent Jon Savage compilation 1965 - The Year the Sixties Ignited. Apologies if the picture above is not a Buick 6 - I know absolutely nothing about cars.

That's how to do it Gym proprietors!

Little Milton - We're Gonna Make It

The Bullets - I Got the Green

Bob Dylan - From a Buick 6

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a Buick 8 (as in 8 cylinder) rather than a Buick 6 (as in 6 cylinder). I'm basing that on the 4 "venti-ports" per side rather than 3. It's a 1956, give or take a year. In those days, Buicks were driven by doctors, bankers, and other country club types who could have afforded a Cadillac but wanted something less flashy. Basically like driving a Bentley instead of a Rolls, back when they were owned by the same company.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete