Search This Blog

Thursday 2 February 2023

Tamla Motown Thursday Two

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #6 - Marvin Gaye - Tamla Motown Early Classics

I know what you are thinking. A soul series on a Sunday AND on a Thursday? Surely overkill? Worry not. While the Sunday Kent Compilations series will continue for a while it is merely a coincidence that two Tamla Motown CDs were bought and have popped up in rapid succession.

Following on from the purchase of  Big Hits & Hard to Find Classics 2 in Missing Records I picked up the above CD by Marvin Gaye from Oxfam in Troon. Meagre pickings really. 6 charity shops, only 4 of which sell CDs and this is all I came away with.

It seems that this is yet another Tamla Motown series which I am going to have to track down. They are certainly keeping me busy. From what I can gather via  Discogs there are 12 in the series - 11 featuring Motown artists and a sampler featuring them all.

I picked up the Stevie Wonder one a few years ago so it looks as though it is 2 down 9 to go or 10 if you count the sampler (which you wouldn't need if you had the rest)

I'm conscious that I haven't really said anything about the album. Well it's Marvin therefore it is wonderful. I think that says it all

Wish me happy hunting.

Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To be Loved by You)

Marvin Gaye - I'm Yours, You're Mine

Marvin Gaye - Can I Get a Witness


1 comment:

  1. "How sweet it is" Marvin Gaye's vocal when he sings those verses, it's just fantastic. You've posted the best song I will hear all day. And Possibly tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete