Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 February 2023

Home Away

 




2023 Charity Shop Purchases #17 - Will Kimbrough - Home Away

I am familiar with the name Will Kimbrough but until now not the music - not even on compilations.Junior Kimbrough yes, Will Kimbrough no.

I was aware that he was an Americana artists and songwriter who has collaborated with many artists including Dean Owens. I also knew that he tours the UK fairly regularly and I think he may well have been put on by Glasgow's Fallen Angels Club

Maybe that's where Bob stumbled across him. I picked up Home Away his third album from 2002 on the Waxy Silver label in the Barnardos Book Shop in St  Andrews and it is signed "To Bob Cheers! Will Kimsbrough"

It is out and out Americana. On the first listen I wasn't too sure but  it was much stronger on the second listen. I suspect it could well be a grower.Thanks Bob.

Some more info from his website and wiki if you are interested and to save me the bother.

Will Kimbrough - Piece of Work

Will Kimbrough - You Don't Know Me So Well


2 comments:

  1. I bought an Amy Rigby CD off that eBay last week. One I've been hunting for a while. It was autographed to the previous owner, whose name appears to be Rob. However, Amy does her bs joined up fashion, without curling the bottom circle back to the line... so if I squint, it looks like she's signed it to me.

    ReplyDelete