Search This Blog

Saturday 11 February 2023

Charity Chic

 


2023 Charity Shop Purchases #11 - Chic - The Very Best Of

Did you see what I did there with the title of the post? Sometimes I think I'm too smart for my own good.

A first this week as it is the first charity purchase bought in Linlithgow to feature here.
Chic surely need no introduction. Led by the geniuses that are Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards they are quite possibly the best disco band of all time.

Even if you are not a Disco fan I defy you not to strut your funky stuff to these three absolute classics.

Coming (for half an hour) to a Retro Festival near you




6 comments:

  1. A mighty fine find there, CC. I know it’s getting tougher on the charity circuit. - Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks Brian.I picked up a couple of crackers very cheap and on vinyl!

      Delete
  2. A bargain purchase there, CC, and worth buying for the post title opportunity alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bought the album in a charity shop and the band is called Chic - hey, here's a great idea for you... Oh, of course.

    Bit of trivia for you - the girls on the album cover are Alfa Anderson and Luci Martin. They sang on Le Freak but by 1978 they were using Norma Jean Wright.

    This music just takes me back to the tail end of school as local hotels were getting on board with how easy it would be to get lots of young people through the door by putting on a... wait for it... DISCO. This of course was the kind of music that was played. I can't believe you never frequented such establishments CC, although down there in the metropolis of Glasgow you probably had many more options for your weekend nightlife. In rural Aberdeenshire we were limited, but how ironic we danced to the music of Studio 54.

    Sorry rambled on a bit there, but you know how I get all nostalgic about the 'tracks of my years'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful find! I've an earlier compilation in the collection, dating from 1991. You have the 'very best of Chic'. Mine's is only the 'best of..'

    https://www.discogs.com/master/175925-Chic-The-Best-Of-Chic-Dance-Dance-Dance

    ReplyDelete