Search This Blog

Saturday 9 July 2022

Seen at King Tuts - Juliet Turner

 


Juliet Turner

Friday 23rd April 2004                             £7.00         Ticket No: GA2 34


This one is a bit of a puzzle.I have absolutely no recollection of this one or why I went given that I wasn't aware of her music at the time. I can only assume that I heard something on the radio or I just went for something to do given it was a Friday. From the tickets it looks as though I went to a lot of gigs in 2004 .Well I was a lot younger and had a lot more disposable income than I do now

An internet search tells me that Juliet Turner is a singer/songwriter from Northern Ireland who appears to have released 5 albums between 1996 and 2006. Her third album Season of the Hurricane was released in 2004 so I assume that this concert was part of a tour to promote this record

Fast forward to 2018 while on holiday I picked up a copy of her second album 2001's Burn the Black Suit from the Highland Hospice charity shop in Broadford on Skye.. It duly featured here. it seems I bought it after confusing her with Juliette Lewis.. There is absolutely no reference to me having seen her at King Tuts so the concert has clearly been expunged from my memory.

The album was pleasant enough but it was not a keeper and was duly return to charity after I downloaded a couple of tracks for my post one of which is re-posted below.

It proved quite tricky to find anything from Season of the Hurricane out there. Eventually I managed to track down one of the tracks Everything Beautiful is Burning from You Tube

It would appear that she has now given up music to concentrate on her career as a Speech and Language Therapist

This series is reaching its conclusion with a month or so to go

Juliet Turner - Sorry to Say

Juliet Turner - Everything Beautiful is Burning

1 comment:

  1. I dread to look back at my old ticket scrapbook and relive all the gigs I've forgotten. I can barely remember last week as it is.

    I had that Juliet Turner CD. It wasn't a keeper.

    ReplyDelete