Search This Blog

Monday 18 July 2022

Jimi Jimi

 


 2022 Charity Shop Purchases #32 - Jimi Hendrix -The Ultimate Experience

By the time I got off the bus in Prestwick I needed the loo. A quick check of my phone suggested that there was a Sainsburys near by so I set off in the general direction. There was no sign of it but when I asked two ladies on seperate occasions they assured me that it was just along the road. I was just about in Ayr and bursting by the time I got there.

Prestwick is a nice wee place with a fairly bustling high street  with a variety of shops, restaurants and pubs. There were four charity shops but the only one I struck lucky in was Sue Ryder.

I am only a week or so off turning 61 and following the purchase of the above album it is the first time that I have ever owned any physical music by Jimi Hendrix. That's not to say that I am not familiar with many of the songs 

The lady behind the counter told me that someone had just handed in some "classic" rock compilations whivh was similar to a recent visit to Newton Stewart. There was a right load of  rubbish such as Jethro Tull and Uriah Heep but I was happy to come away with this.

A quick pint in the Red Lion and then off to get the bus to Killie.

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

Jimi Hendrix - The Wind Cries Mary

Nothing here until Saturday due to holidays, weather and general lethargy

12 comments:

  1. "Rubbish such as Jethro Tull"? Clearly fallen victim to heatstroke, symptoms of which include "confusion, irritability and delirium" according to the Mayo Clinic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expecting a similar comment from our Portugal correspondent if he hasn't already melted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have adopted the male portuguese approach to needing a pee, and just peed against a wall, tree, hedge....regardless who was in your vicinity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you really needed that Jimi Riddle, CC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really depends which era of Jethro Tull we're talking about. Anything pre-1980 might've been worth a listen. I'm also known to have a soft spot for certain Uriah Heep albums, but that's probably not something I should fess up to in public.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your break. Two belters today, love The Wind Cries Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Prestwick is a nice wee place..." Sounds like a tough place to wee to me. Had a look at this album on discogs, and you have chosen a nice place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're lucky it wasn't a Sainsburys Local. No loos in those. What has happened to all the public toilets? I feel a rant coming on...

    ANOTHER holiday!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you picked up a wee something. Every town has a Red Lion so glad you found one to rehydrate in. Enjoy your holiday - as Rol said, ANOTHER?

    ReplyDelete
  10. "There was a right load of rubbish such as Jethro Tull and Uriah Heep" Harrumph! What's the expression? You're dead to me now!

    I'm hoping you threw that in mischievously to taunt a few on here but I suppose there's the outside chance you really meant it in which case all I can say is that LizTruss was once a Lib Dem and er......now look at her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That "Anonymous" was me by the way!

    ReplyDelete