Search This Blog

Monday 25 July 2022

Mind Bomb

 


 2022 Charity Shop Purchases #33 - The The - Mind Bomb

Now where were we again? Oh yes, that's right - on a bus from Prestwick to Kilmarnock.

I've only ever really been to Kilmarnock for the football. It was therefore quite interesting to have a wander around the town centre. I must say that it was pretty run down but you could say that about most town centres these days. There were about three or four charity shops but it was only at the last one British Heart Foundation just by the bus station that I struck lucky.

It is not that often that you see anything by The The in a charity shop. In fact I think that this may well have been a first for me and I wasn't going to miss the opportunity to pick up Mind Bomb  their 3rd album from 1989 on  Some Bizzare/Epic.
I opened the box to check that the right CD was in place to be met with a CD of their album Soul Mining which I have on vinyl. No biggie I thought I'll still take it. I then noticed that Mind Bomb was underneath it. Result!

It wasn't until I got back home that I noticed that the playing side of the CDs were in really bad condition. Loads of scratches and even a slight split on Mind Bomb. Even after cleaning it up a bit my burning software was having problems copying it although fortunately it plays ok on the hi fi CD player

By fair means or foul I have two tracks from the album for you today. It strikes me that Armageddon Days are Here (Again) and The Beat(en) Generation are just as relevant today as they were in 1989

The The -Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)

The The - The Beat(en) Generation

2 comments:

  1. You are spoiling us, CC, two absolutely stunning albums in a row (three if you count the Soul Mining freebie).

    I've been picking up the "Official Bootleg" CD series via The The's website and the latest (#5) features a US acoustic radio session from 2000 including great versions of both of these songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost a great find if it hadn't been for the condition.......Mind Bomb has some great guitar contributions from Johnny Marr.

    ReplyDelete