Search This Blog

Sunday 24 July 2022

Albums on both CD and Vinyl - Parallel Lines



I'm just easing myself back in gradually after about a week or so of not drafting any posts for this place.

I had plenty of options for today but I thought that I would go for one of the easier ones. Parallel Lines the third album from Blondie ,from 1978 and on the Chrysalis label, is one that I assume that you will all be familiar with..
If not have you been living in a bubble? It has sold over 20 million copies worldwide and spent 106 weeks in the UK albums chart over the 70s  including four at number one in 1979.

Four of the twelve songs were hit singles  in the UK with two (Heart of Glass and Sunday Girl) occupying the number one spot.
The other eight tracks are equally as good and I would wager that many of you will know them all word for word. It looks as though four of the songs on the album have featured here before so it pretty much a case of perm 3 from 8 given that they are all of a consistantly high quality

Here you go

Why wouldn't you have at least two copies of this?







 

6 comments:

  1. "Why wouldn't you have at least two copies of this?" Ah, I love that sentiment. Great stuff, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto the above (Alyson)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why stop at two?

    A brilliant album, packed with brilliant songs. Fade Away And Radiate is one of Blondie's finest non-single moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of them that has featured here before

      Delete
  4. I've the album on vinyl and CD....as well as 7" and 12" copies of all the singles released off the album in the UK. I had a very severe Debbie Harry thing going on back in 1978.....which only abated when Ms Grogan appeared on the scene.

    ReplyDelete