Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 July 2022

Birthday 61

 


I'm 61 today. How did that happen? As the sign suggests I am now officially old.

When thinking of what to play to commemorate (if that is the right word) this occasion there could only really be one song.

That's right.Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the title track from Bob Dylan's greatest album. From August 1965 it is almost as old as me, but not quite. It was the album that first got me interested in the great man when my room mate in the staff chalets at the Royal Hotel, Ullapool in 1980 had a copy on cassette. It was  subsequently the first Dylan album that I ever bought.

His Bobness is followed by a couple of covers by PJ Harvey and Dave Alvin neither of which are remotely in the same league as the great man.

These are followed by Australian post punks Sacred Cowboys who for some reason appear to loose the word Revisited from the title.

Finally we have the late great Jimmy La Fave with another song about the famous road taken from his 1988 album Highway Angels .. Full Moon Rain.

Wonder if there are any charity shops out there on Highway 61?

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

P.J.Harvey - Highway 61 Revisited

Dave Alvin - Highway 61 Revisited

Sacred Cowboys - Highway 61

Jimmy La Fave -Deep Down 61 Delta Highway Blues




19 comments:

  1. You were officially old last year when you started drawing your pension. Happy Birthday. I wonder if you share your birthday with any famous pop singers.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to go to wiki to discover who that is

      Delete
    2. I am unfamiliar with the musical of Michael Owuo Jr

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday CC. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday CC. Just a day older than yesterday, forget the numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday CC. Have a good one

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is me, Walter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bought some records and am now having a birthday pint outside The Ben Nevis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many happy returns of the day CC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday.
    Got to 52 myself last week - somehow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, CC. Hope you've had your Horlicks and are tucked up in bed by now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated birthday greetings, CC. Hope Tuesday was the start of a week long celebration... and why not? Great selections, BTW - nothing can touch the Dylan original, but I do have a soft spot for Polly Jean's take.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated happy birthday comrade. Gimme a shout and I'll buy you a beer or two in the Ally Arms of an evening......it's been far too long.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was 61 on the 24th. Happy birthday to us! Nice selection of 61 sounds.

    ReplyDelete