Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Celtic Connections #1



Mrs CC and I managed a couple of concerts at this year's Celtic Connections
The first gig we attended was to see Tiny Ruins at the Tron Theatre.
This was a pretty random choice based on the blurb in the brochure
They are a band from Auckland, New Zealand consisting of Holly Fullbrook on vocals and Cass Basil on bass. There was also a drummer Benjamin someone or other.
I must admit we were a tad disappointed.
They play indie folk which is not unpleasant. However all their songs seemed to be a touch one dimensional.
All right in small doses I suspect
The support act was Ross Wilson from Edinburgh but now based in London who goes under the name Blue Rose Code.
A pretty interesting character as this blurb shows.
His songs were pretty good and he is worth checking out on his forthcoming British  tour

Tiny Ruins - Me at the Museum You in the Wintergardens

Blue Rose Code -Boscombe Armistice (Soundcloud) I can't work out how to get the Soundcloud thingy up!

3 comments:

  1. I went to see Andy White, more of which later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this way to embed a soundcloud file: Click the share button and go to embed. Copy the file and go back to wordpress. Change to the html-version of your post and insert. I had my problems as well to figure it out.
    Cheers
    Walter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try that Walter thanks. Rest assured if it doesn't work it will be my fault not yours!

    ReplyDelete